Guess what? I was recently nominated for an award! Hooray! Thank you to Kelley over at The City and Us for the nomination! The Liebster Award is for blogs with less than 200 followers and is a great way to support and discover less-known blogs. The premise is to pay it forward and nominate a few other blogs that deserve the award so lesser known blogs are able to have a greater chance of building a following.
Finding bloggers that have less than 200 followers is quite difficult as sometimes it’s not specified anywhere so I apologize if you have more than 200 followers! I took a wild guess, please do not get offended! If you’ve been nominated before in the past, congratulations!
Sophie from Sophie’s Little Secrets
Christine from Dimes and Donuts
Kristy from Ippy || Krispy
Stephi from A Little Bit Of Lippy
Polina from The Classy Fancy
Olivia from Olivia Ellen Wears Words
Ninz from NINZBEAUTY
Vanilla Drops from vanilla drxps
Tasha from Tasha’s Face
I look forward to reading your answers!
- What’s something new you’ve recently learned?
- Do you have a fun party trick (I’m looking for a new one)?
- If you could invite anyone to dinner, who would it be and what would you serve/order?
- What’s your favorite take-out food?
- Are you a planner or do you wing it?
- What’s the last book you read?
- You just found out you have an unexpected morning to yourself. How do you spend it?
- Where would you go if money and time weren’t an obstacle, and who would you take with you?
- What’s the best piece of advice you ever received?
- What’s something your parents taught you as a kid that has been invaluable as an adult?
- What’s your favorite way to spend a long weekend?
I recently learned more about essential oils. I’ve always been curious, but I went to a Green Living Show a few weeks ago and absolutely loved it. I’m currently researching more about these oils and slowly trying to work them into my beauty routine.
When I’m at parties, I’m not usually the ham of the show. I don’t do too many fun party tricks and even if I were, I think I would just come up with dad jokes… and we’ve already heard them all, right?
I don’t think I would invite a celebrity or anyone with more klout than I do as I think I would enjoy the time with my family. New or old, near or far, I would like to have a gigantic family gathering and have a buffet of foods so that there’s something for everyone.
My favourite take-out food has got to be Pad Thai. I love it! I am always on the lookout for the best tasting Thai!
I’m very much a planner, but lately I’ve been trying to wing it as I’ve noticed that you can’t always rely on things going as planned. I’m trying to find a happy medium between the two!
The last book I read was A Captain’s Duty by Richard Phillips. I really enjoyed it!
I do occasionally have the luxury of having a few mornings during the week to myself. Given the extra time, I like to make myself a nice cup of tea and breakfast while flipping through a light read such as a magazine or catch up on my social media.
If money and time weren’t an obstacle, I would definitely travel Europe… all of it! I would take my amazing boyfriend with me and spend time discovering what all of the different countries have to offer. While picking up a few souvenirs and tasting good food, of course!
“Don’t be too hard on yourself”.
Probably learning how to put the tape back into cassette tapes! Anyone remember that?
Depending on our moods, I like to lounge around at home with my boyfriend or go out on an adventure in the city and discover new places to eat and explore.
11 Random Facts
- I am mixed; I am half Chinese and half Caucasian (gets more complex, so I’ll leave it at that!)
- I have a pet rabbit named Cocoa
- I am obsessed with tea and actually own an entire Banker’s Box stashed up in my room
- I love the Die Hard series of movies
- Forrest Gump is my most watched movie of all time
- I’ve been an audience member at the David Letterman show
- Thinking about NYC reminds me of Russ and Daughters and their amazing bagels and bialys
- I live in Canada, and although it’s April, it snowed a few days ago
- I don’t like bacon!
- I prefer chocolate over candies
- I like sandwiches more than salads
- If you could live anywhere in the world, not taking into account of income, where would you live and why?
- What is your favourite food?
- Why did you start blogging?
- Tell us about your favourite make up product, what is it and why do you love it?
- Do you have any “Holy Grail” products? Ones that you would repurchase until the end of time?
- What is something that everyone needs to know? E.g. “Think carefully about the people you bring into your life”
- What is the last movie you watched?
- Do you have any favourite TV shows?
- What is the weirdest beauty trick/mask/treatment that you’ve tried?
- Before you get started on a big project or blog post, what are the things you do in order to get prepared?
- If you had to make/buy something to impress someone, what would it be?
Can’t wait to read your answers, ladies!